The Weave Shed Gallery

The Hambidge Center has a long history of presenting outstanding pottery and ceramics. In the last few years, the Weave Shed Gallery has expanded its focus to include sculpture, fiber arts, painting, works on paper, and other interesting artworks both from Hambidge Fellows and outstanding talents from across the region. The gallery also features a display of the Hambidge Center’s history, as well as a gift shop offering pottery and other handmade goods.

Part of the Hambidge Center, the Weave Shed was built in 1940 to house the Weavers of Rabun and to allow increased weaving production for the Rabun Studios shop in New York. Listed on the Historic Register, the building was designed in 1939 by the famous Atlanta architectural firm, Hentz, Adler and Shutze; and was built of American Chestnut.

Currently used as a gallery, the Weave Shed Gallery has a long history of presenting outstanding pottery and ceramics. The Weave Shed Gallery has recently expanded its focus to include sculpture, fiber arts, painting, works on paper, and other interesting artworks from both Hambidge Fellows and outstanding talents from across the region.

Gallery phone: 706-746-5718

 

 

Business Information

105 Hambidge Court

Rabun Gap GA 30568

706-746-5718

www.hambidge.org/the-gallery.html

center@hambidge.org