Want to drive your electric vehicle to a cute mountain town loaded with places to re-charge? Want to stay at an adorable bed and breakfast or lunch at a cute restaurant that can offer you an EV charge? Well come to Re-Charge in Rabun County, Georgia
North Georgia EV Charging Stations in Rabun County
In May 2013 our community obtained a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy that helped defray the cost of installation. The units were installed by ECOtality, Inc. and are part of the Blink Network. http://www.blinknetwork.com/ They can also be viewed on other networks http://www.plugshare.com/
At these locations we have Blink Pedestal chargers that are classified as a Level 2 (240 volt AC input) charging stations. Level 2 EV Charging Station supplies full charge in 3-6 hours and is compatible with all Plug-In Electric Vehicles.
In addition, in our Clayton municipal parking lot we offer two Fast Charging stations providing a charge in about 20 minutes. Critical Safety features include built in P&S GFCI protection with Self-Test feature, Ground Continuity Monitoring and communication with vehicle confirms electrical connections prior to charging.
Smart and Powerful Features of the Blink EV Charging Station include:
- Mobile phone and credit card based payment options
- Convenient 7″ LCD high-definition touch screen display with intuitive, user-friendly interface for safe and easy charging
- 360° beacon light for high visibility
- Smart Blink design which allows for ease of installation
- SAE J1772 connector – the industry standard and most widely compatible connector used for electric vehicle charging in the United States
- Convenient cable management system which allows for long reach and easy storage between uses
- Safe, easy-to-use intuitive docking connector prevents accidental disconnection and de-energizes when not in use or incorrectly connected
- Safe in wet or dry use
- Cable and connector able to withstand being driven over by vehicle
- Certified energy and demand metering; supports electric utility EV building when certified to ANSI 12.20 and IEC standards
- Multiple supported modes of communications, including Wireless IEEE 802.11g, cellular, LAN/Ethernet, and LAN capable Web-based bi-directional delivery and data flow.
- Access to the Blink Network and Blink Membership portal
Rabun County Georgia welcomes EV drivers, and offers a number of EV Charging Stations for your convenience. Take a look at the Blink Network to confirm availability. Here are the locations:
Beechwood Inn Bed and Breakfast http://www.beechwoodinn.ws
City of Clayton (2 Fast Chargers) https://cityofclaytonga.gov/
Fromage and Other Fine Foods http://www.fromageclayton.com/
Mountain Lakes Medical Center http://mountainlakesmedicalcenter.com/contact.php
Sylvan Falls Mill B & B http://www.sylvanfallsmill.com/
Our community owes much thanks to Franklin D. Wilson III who spearheaded this effort to install EV Charging Stations in Rabun County. Without his leadership and vision we would not have been able to secure the Department of Energy grant and make these EV Charging Stations available to our businesses and to the City of Clayton.
Blog post by David Darugh, Executive Chef and Head of Maintenance at Beechwood Inn – Georgia’s Premier Wine Country Inn.