Camp Dixie is a traditional summer camp for boys and girls located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northeast Georgia. Camp Dixie is a small private residential camp founded by A.A. Jameson in 1914.
We are a Christian summer camp, we focus our program on character development. Our goal is to help everyone become the best version of themselves. The entire atmosphere of the camp encourages campers to do their best and to be ever aware of doing their best for others.
For 100 years, generations of families have enjoyed the traditions and shared the memories of their summers at Camp Dixie. Our rich history and limited enrollment are what sets us apart from other camps. Limiting our enrollment to around 70 campers, ages 6 to 15, allows us to emphasize the “family” atmosphere that we feel is so important. While providing a safe and supportive environment, Camp Dixie creates a unique setting where campers can make new friends and learn new skills, while learning more about themselves.
Why is Camp Dixie special?
- Small size. We limit our enrollment to just 70 campers during any one session so that we can meet the needs and concerns of each camper individually.
- We are not about ‘stuff’. There are no blobs, zip lines, speed boats, or go-karts. We have a lot of fun activities at Camp Dixie, but “the fun” is not about things. We rely on the nature that surrounds us and our wonderful staff to make each child’s time special. We try to minimize the distractions of the outside world and maximize the attractions of the natural world.
- Higher standards for staff. Our staff are the ones who create the magic at Camp Dixie.
- Higher standards for campers. We require every camper to sign a Code of Conduct outlining the level of behavior we expect. Campers are held accountable for their actions and attitudes.
- Rustic setting. The original cabins are still in use. Their history, and being a part of Camp Dixie, makes the tradition come alive. Our oldest cabins were built in 1919. While they are maintained and updated, they are still very recognizable from the old photographs. Year after year alumni visit and tell us Dixie looks just like they remember it.
- More than just fun. We are a Christian summer camp and focus our program oncharacter development. Our goal is to help everyone become the best version of themselves.
153 Camp Dixie Lane